Happy Mother’s Day to all of you mommas out there! It’s Colleen here, and today I have something for you that miiiight make your Mothers Day a bit more…ummm, shall I say relaxing?!
How about the Ultimate Bloody Mary Recipe?
When you are going to indulge in a Bloody, I say “Go Big or Go Home”!! After all that’s what they are all about, right…explosive flavors?
My husband, sister and most of our friends are “Bloody Mary Aficionados.” We sometimes get together on Sunday mornings at our local pub or someone’s house and get down to it. The spicier the better is what most go for! One of the bartenders at the local pub has a secret Bloody Mary recipe that is almost legendary! I think she has more food in hers than just about any I have ever seen…except maybe Phillips Seafood. Their Bloody Mary is phenomenal!
These Bloody Marys are bursting with flavor and spice, thanks to a horseradish kick and a few splashes of Tabasco, but you can easily customize it to your palate.
I think shrimp lightly dusted with Old Bay seasoning hanging on the glass, in the glass and on the side is a must! But then again, I could eat shrimp for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I think THAT is what I will do for myself this Mother’s Day — a shrimp fest!! With a side of Bloody Mary, lol! Honey…kids…are you listening?
What are you doing (or did you do) this Mothers Day to kick back and relax?
- 16 oz tomato juice
- 2 TBS fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 TBS lime juice
- ½ TBS Worcestershire sauce
- a few shakes of Tabasco
- ½- 1 TBS prepared horseradish (not horseradish sauce)
- 2 teaspoons of pickle juice
- 1 tsp olive juice
- 1 tsp pepperoncini juice (optional)
- a few shakes black pepper
- ½ a teaspoon of Old Bay seasoning
- 4-6 ounces of good quality vodka
- Garnish ideas: Pickle spear, celery stalk, green olives (plain or stuffed with blue cheese), shrimp, pepperoncini, lemon slice or a lime slice.
- Wet the rim of two (16-20 oz) glasses with a piece of fresh lemon. Then dip the glass rims into a tablespoon of Old Bay seasoning (shake it onto a flat dish).
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Fill glasses halfway with ice.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a separate pitcher or container, stir it up well, and then pour mixture into your cocktail shaker, one batch at a time. Give it a good shaking to get it nice and cold, then pour the contents into your prepared glass.
- Slide in a pickle spear or stalk of celery, a few Old Bay seasoned shrimp, a couple of big fat olives, and you are good to go. You can also add a lemon and or a lime slice, and if you’re feeling crazy a whole pepperoncini…Yum!
Sign up to receive email updates so you don’t miss my new recipes!