This pesto pizza with goat cheese, spinach and roasted tomatoes is the perfect summertime pizza!
A few weeks ago, I made up this recipe for 3-Cheese Pizza with Spinach and Roasted Tomatoes. I sort of combined two that I’ve made before, and this combination was a hit with the entire family. I used my favorite crust from Against the Grain, but you can use any pizza crust you want.
On top of that, I layered a few tablespoons store-bought pesto, leftover sautéed spinach from dinner the night before, oven-roasted tomatoes, slices of fresh mozzarella, crumbled goat cheese, shredded Parmesan and chopped fresh basil leaves.
Then I popped it into the oven and baked it for about 30 minutes at 375 degrees, until the cheese was nicely browned on top.
Doesn’t it look DIVINE!???
Of course, you can customize it to your liking, but the combination of the three cheeses, the sautéed spinach, the roasted tomatoes, savory pesto and fresh basil was a lovely combination — the perfect summertime pizza! It’s particularly delicious with a glass of white wine.
- 1 prepared pizza crust of your choice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- ½ cup pesto (homemade or store bought)
- ½ cup sautéed spinach
- ½ cup oven-roasted tomatos
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 2 oz crumbled goat cheese
- shredded parmesan to taste
- 5 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Place prepared pizza crust on pizza stone or pizza pan. Spread olive oil over crust with pastry brush. Sprinkle with salt.
- Layer on top: the pesto, then the spinach, then the tomatoes, then the mozzarella.
- Sprinkle the goat cheese on top of that and Parmesan on top of that.
- Finally, spread the basil leaves across the top and add a final sprinkle of salt.
- Bake according to the directions on the crust or until the cheese is nicely browned on top. (For me, it was about 30 minutes at 375 degrees.)
- Remove from the oven and allow it to set for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with a chilled glass of Pino Grigio and a side salad for a complete meal!