Are your kids celebrating Mardi Gras at school this week? Need a fun idea for a classroom treat? Check out these Mardi Gras Pretzel Treats.
You can really make these for any occasion. Just use whatever color M&Ms work for the holiday! But aren’t they fun for Mardi Gras?
Serve them as a snack at your child’s classroom party, or put a handful in a cellophane bag and tie it off with a pretty ribbon for a fun teacher gift or party favors.
They’re super easy to make. Even the kids can help. You just need mini pretzels (we love Glutino Pretzel Twists), a bag of Hershey Kisses and a bag of M&Ms.
Then you line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, place the pretzels in a single layer and top each pretzel with a Hershey Kiss. Pop them in the oven for about 3 minutes at 300 degrees. Then while the Hershey Kisses are still soft, top each one with an M&M. Let them cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
How fun is that!??
- 1 bag mini pretzel twists
- 1 large bag M&Ms
- 1 bag Hershey Kisses
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and put a single layer of small pretzels on it.
- Top each pretzel with a Hershey Kiss.
- Bake the pretzels in the oven for 3 minutes.
- Immediately pull out the pretzels and quickly top each one with a Mardi Gras colored M&M.
- Let the pretzel treats cool completely and then serve or store in an air tight container.