This is the BEST Buffalo Chicken Dip you will ever eat. Make it tonight. You will thank me later.
You’re probably no stranger to buffalo chicken dip. This succulent concoction of chicken, ranch dressing, blue cheese and the key ingredient — Frank’s Hot Sauce — is a must-have at every informal gathering. It is guaranteed to be devoured.
If you’re gluten-free, you know that bottled salad dressings can be dicey. They often contain hidden sources of gluten, and for those who are severely sensitive to gluten, that can cause BIG problems! Ken’s Chunky Blue Cheese Salad Dressing IS gluten-free, according to KensFoods.com. Blue cheese in and of itself is highly debated in gluten-free circles. If you’re concerned, you can use mozzarella cheese instead and double the ranch dressing (leaving out the blue cheese dressing), but I love a very strong blue cheese flavor in this dish.
I did some searching and discovered that there are quite a few variations on this recipe, but the one I settled on is the one I found at Cooking With Erin. She gave the option of baking or poaching the chicken, but I decided to roast it in olive oil, salt and pepper to bring out the best flavor. I promise you, once you make Buffalo Chicken Dip with freshly roasted chicken, you will NEVER GO BACK!!!
Then I just shredded it up.
And mixed it with the dressings, hot sauce and cheese.
I also doubled the recipe, and I’m so glad I did because I’ve been enjoying the leftovers for lunch! I spread it in my pretty red le Creuset baking dish that was a gift from my brother and SIL a few Christmases ago and sprinkled it with Parmesan cheese.
The Parmesan on top was my addition. I thought it added a nice touch! You just bake it for about 30 minutes at 350, and you can serve it hot or at room temp.
Serve it with tortilla chips and maybe some celery too. Betcha can’t eat just one!!!
Bring this dip to your next social gathering with celery and tortilla chips, and you will surely be the most popular girl at the party!
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken (3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts)
- 16 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup Frank's hot sauce
- ½ cup ranch salad dressing
- ½ cup blue cheese salad dressing
- ¾ cup crumbled bleu cheese (or shredded mozzarella)
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese (for topping)
- Set out cream cheese to soften.
- Roast 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (coated in olive oil, salt and pepper) for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- While the chicken cools, mix together the cream cheese, hot sauce, ranch and blue cheese dressings and the blue cheese (or mozzarella).
- Chop or shred chicken; add it to cheesy mixture and mix well.
- Spoon the dip into a medium-sized casserole dish and top with shredded Parmesan.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Frank’s Hot Sauce
- Ken’s Blue Cheese Salad Dressing
- Hidden Valley Ranch Original Salad Dressing
- Garden of Eatin’ Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
- The Pioneer Woman Flea Market 2-Piece Decorated Rectangular Ruffle Top Ceramic Bakeware Set