I was at the grocery store last week and saw this bag of teeny red and green M&Ms. They hopped right into my cart. Or something like that. I knew I had to find something to make with them. They’re just too cute.
I came home and did some googling and came up with the idea to make Holiday M&M Bars.
These were a hit. Word on the street is that they’re soft and chewy and moist and delicious. Unfortunately they are not gluten-free. But if you’re not either, then you should run out right now and buy the tiny M&Ms to make them tonight.
Here’s a printable recipe for you!
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 12 Tbsp butter, soft
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 12oz bag M&M's, divided
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease a glass 9x13 pan and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until combined. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the egg mixture until just combined; do not over mix.
- Fold in 1 cup of M&Ms and turn the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with the spatula. Sprinkle remaining M&Ms on top and press in slightly.
- Bake 25-30 minute. The top of the bars should be light golden brown and slightly firm to the touch. Cool completely before cutting.