Ultimate Double Chocolate Brownies
HOW is it possible that I’ve never posted this Double Chocolate Brownies recipe? I make it ALL. THE. TIME.
It is seriously the best brownie recipe ever. I’ve been making it regularly ever since I got married over 17 years ago. It came in a Pillsbury dessert recipe cookbook I received as a wedding present and quickly became a family favorite. These are a rich, dense, gooey type of brownie. If you like cakey brownies, they aren’t for you.
All the kids love these — and their friends too. They have become somewhat of a legend, but I can’t take credit. I just follow the original recipe to a T.
It’s super easy, and it is delicious because it is full of butter and eggs.
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla (don't use the fake stuff)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat; cool.
- Beat eggs and sugar together and add to butter.
- Add vanilla and beat (by hand with a large whisk or wooden spoon) till light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, cocoa and salt; mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread in buttered 13x9 glass baking pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes in a preheated 325-degree oven.
- Serve warm or room temp.
Did you like this post?
Follow me on Instagram for my daily outfits, and like my Facebook page for updates from the blog and other articles I think you might find interesting. You can also find me on Pinterest, Periscope, and Snapchat: jolynneshane.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on what that means, see my About Page: Blog Monetization and Disclosure.