Tried and True: Easy Cinnamon Muffins
These delicious cinnamon muffins are so easy to throw together that I make them frequently. They’re a popular request with my family, and I often make them to take to church potlucks and things of that nature because they’re always a hit.
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (you can use half white and half whole wheat if you prefer, but no one in my family complains as long as I get the whole wheat pastry flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup sugar (sometimes I use sucanat, and no one seems to notice a difference)
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- cinnamon-sugar mixture for topping
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg with a fork. Add the milk and blend thoroughly. Add dry ingredients (except cinnamon-sugar topping) and mix well. Add the oil last, stirring to combine.
- Spoon into paper-lined muffin cups and sprinkle the tops generously with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.