The BEST Crustless Quiche Recipe
I’m a huge fan of quiche, and this is, hands-down, the BEST Crustless Quiche Recipe. Trust me on this.
Last week, I was short on dinner fixin’s, but I did have a bunch of eggs on hand and a package of sweet Italian sausage that was threatening to deterioriate in the back of my fridge if I didn’t use it up, so I went googling around for a sausage quiche recipe. I put a few together, and this is what I came up with.
It. Was. Delicious.
We ended up entertaining some friends on our back deck, so when the quiche was ready, I plated it up and brought it outside to share. Everyone loved it. Either that, or they were just being nice, but I prefer to believe that they all think I’m a fantabulous cook. Either way, WE enjoyed it, and it is sure to be a regular in my quiche rotation.
This plate definitely needs some embellishment to be prettier, but you can get the basic idea. As I said, we had impromptu company so I just put it on a plate and snapped a photo.
I make mine without the crust because we are gluten-free, but you can certainly throw the ingredients into a pie shell if you’d like.
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage
- ½ small onion chopped
- ¼ cup chopped red pepper
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- Brown the sausage and onion and red pepper in a skillet over medium heat.
- Drain and spread it in a pie plate or a square casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the sausage.
- Whisk the eggs, cream and herbs/seasonings together and pour over top.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until it's cooked through. (Test by inserting a knife in the middle. If it comes out clean, then you're good to go!)
- Let stand for 10-15 minutes before cutting. Serve warm or at room temp.