EASY Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
This easy chicken stir fry recipe with soy sauce and cooking sherry is one I’ve been using for many years, and it’s one of my kids’ favorites.
You can pretty much use any veggies you like, but we typically go for broccoli, onion and red peppers. Sometimes I throw in some asparagus too. I make it in a stovetop wok.
The sauce is a simple combination of soy sauce, cooking sherry, garlic and sugar. Served over rice, this is a quick and easy meal that your family is sure to ask for again!
- 6 Tbsp soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp cooking sherry
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp corn starch (I skip this if I don't have it)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 head broccoli
- 2 TBSP lard or peanut oil
- brown rice
- Start the rice.
- Slice veggies, set aside.
- Cube chicken, set aside.
- Whisk together sauce ingredients, set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in wok on high; saute veggies till crisp/tender and remove to a serving bowl.
- Add another Tbsp oil to wok and the chicken; brown chicken till heated through.
- Push chicken to the outside of the wok.
- Pour sauce into center and stir till thick and bubbly.
- Return veggies to the pan and mix together with chicken and sauce.
- Serve immediately over rice.