Since I’m at Disney World this week, it only seemed appropriate to do a Disney themed What I Learned This Week post. Here we go!
1) For the Happiest Place on Earth, there sure are a lot of miserable children walking around. Unfortunately some of them are mine.
2) It takes a while for the kids to settle in. Be patient.
3) You’re never too old to pose with Daisy Duck.
4) If you’re gonna stay on property, stay on the monorail for ease of transportation and dining.
5) Don’t over plan the vacation. Leave some down time for the swimming pool. And of course naps.
6) The food leaves a lot to be desired. Try to pick up fresh fruit whenever you can, and splurge on one nice meal each day.
7) Plan a few character meals. It avoids standing in long lines to meet characters in the park.
8) Manage expectations by setting some ground rules. You can try this with the kids too. 😉
9) Bring along reinforcements. Grandparents make great babysitters when the kids are fried but you want to enjoy the night life.
10) Face painting is always a hit.
Until you turn 10 and you’re too cool for school.
What did YOU learn this week?