The weather is getting cooler, but there’s still plenty of grilling time left. I don’t know about you, but I tend to grill out until it drops below freezing. This tequila lime chicken is another Ina Garten favorite. I swear, that woman couldn’t steer you wrong if she tried. I have never had a recipe of hers that doesn’t become a regular in our rotation.
The flavors are fresh and delicious. The key is to marinate it for at least 8 hours so the chicken absorbs all the delicious flavors. And you definitely want to use fresh limes.
This dish is great served alongside this Avocado Bean Salad. YUM.
- ½ cup gold tequila
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (5 to 6 limes)
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice (2 oranges)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Combine the marinade ingredients (everything but the chicken) in a bowl and mix.
- Place the chicken in a ziploc bag or a glass baking pan and pour the marinade over it, making sure it is thoroughly coated on all sides. Seal and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day when you're ready to start dinner, remove the chicken and discard the marinade.
- Salt and pepper the chicken on both sides and grill over medium heat until it's just cooked through, flipping once.
- Remove from the grill to a plate and cover tightly; let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.