Now that July 4th is behind us, it’s time to start thinking about the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale!
I know, I know, no one wants to think about fall just yet, and I am in no way done with summer fashion, but I will be dedicating a chunk of my time and energy to the #NSale in the upcoming weeks because it is just that good.
The dates for the 2017 #NSale are July 21 – August 6, but Early Access for Nordstrom cardholders is July 13 – 20.
Here’s the breakdown:
July 12 – Level 4 Cardholders can shop Early Access in-store
July 13 – Early Access Begins for all Cardholder levels
July 20 – Last Day of Early Access
July 21 – Anniversary Sale opens to the Public
August 6 – Last Day of the Anniversary Sale
If you haven’t heard about this epic sale or you’re wondering what all the hype is about, let me fill you in.
What is the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is legendary among Nordstrom customers because they can purchase new fall merchandise at discounted prices before it becomes available to the public. This is the best way to get a head start on your fall wardrobe and score some amazing deals in the process. They also discount some popular items that almost never go on sale.
The Anniversary Sale products will be categorized on the website, displaying both the discounted price as well as how much it will cost full-price after the sale. If you visit Nordstrom in-person, anniversary sale items will be separated from the other merchandise by curtained sections.
I’m super excited to be a Level 4 Nordstrom cardholder this year because I get to shop the sale on the 12th — the day before the Early Access period opens — and then I can bring it all to you! I’ll be sharing on my Insta Story while I’m in the store on the 12th, and then I’ll post to the blog bright and early the morning of the 13th with my roundup of all the best styles because let me tell you, things sell out FAST.
Last year I was shocked by just how fast things some things flew off the shelves. I promise you, I am not trying to create some false sense of urgency to get more clicks. Those of you who followed the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale last year can attest, it was crazy. Plus the crowds (especially the first day of Early Access) were insane… especially the shoe department. There was a line outside the #NSale tent, and they were calling numbers like in a restaurant. The hype is real, I can assure you.
I still have people telling me they wish they had snagged a certain handbag or sweater that I promoted during the #NSale last summer and continued to wear throughout last fall and winter, but it sold out before they made up their minds, so it really does pay to shop early.
Before I tell you how to make the most of the #NSale, let me explain why I promote Nordstrom so much on the blog because I get asked this question from time to time.
Why I Love & Promote Nordstrom
No, they don’t send me tons of free stuff to shill. (I wish!)
For one thing, I’ve been a fan of Nordstrom long before I was blogging fashion, and I’ve been a cardholder for years.
I do link to Nordstrom with affiliate links and regularly partner with them on sponsored posts, but I use affiliate links for all the retailers that offer them and I partner with many brands on sponsored posts.
Simply put, Nordstrom’s customer service is bar none, and they offer more variety than any other retailer.
Nordstrom has a department for almost anything you could want — clothes, shoes, handbags, accessories, lingerie, beauty products, gifts, and home. They also have a wide range of price points to offer. While Nordstrom has the reputation for being an upscale department store, and they certainly carry all the major high end brands, they also carry many brands that are in a budget-friendly price range AND they run great sales on a regular basis.
Then there is their free shipping and free returns, making it a risk-free shopping experience. Also, did you know that Nordstrom allows up to 6 months to return their merchandise? That gives you plenty of time to hem and haw, make up your mind, and then procrastinate getting your returns to the post office . . . not that I’d know anything about that!
Nordstrom also does alterations, and if you are a cardholder, you can get a discount or even get them for free. (Another benefit of being a Level 4 cardholder.)
Plus, price matching!!! Often their prices are already adjusted for the price match, but if you see a product Nordstrom sells on sale for less elsewhere and it’s not already marked down accordingly, all you have to do is call or hop on their live chat and they will adjust your price immediately. You simply cannot beat their customer service.
I hope that answers some of your questions, if you’ve been wondering why I promote Nordstrom so heavily. Now let’s discuss how to make the most of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale!
How to Make the Most of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
- Sign up for Nordstrom Rewards. And I highly recommend the credit or debit card as well, if you aren’t opposed to having another card. With Nordstrom Rewards, you earn a point for every dollar you spend at Nordstrom, and for every 2,000 points you accumulate, you get a $20 Nordstrom Note to spend at their stores. (And right now, they are giving away a $10 rewards certificate to everyone who signs up!) If you also get their credit or debit card, you earn 2 points for every dollar you spend so they add up a whole lot quicker. Plus you get several personal Triple Points days throughout the year, you get reimbursed for alterations, and most importantly, you get Early Access to their famous Anniversary Sale.
- Mark your calendar. If you get the credit card, you will also get Early Access to the sale, so put July 13 on your calendar, because that is the first day of Early Access. If you prefer not to have early access, put July 21 on your calendar. They do restock some things that sell out during Early Access, so all hope is not lost. (But there are no guarantees.)
- Subscribe to my blog! If you’re not already a subscriber, sign up to get my emails and keep an eye on my blog because I’ll be putting together a Guide to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale very similar to the one I did last year that I hope will help you navigate this epic sale. I’m already familiar with their brands and pricing structure, so I can let you know what the truly good deals are and what not to miss out on.
- Be sure to follow me on my Facebook page and Instagram. I often post sale alerts and deals I find on my Facebook page before I can compile them into a blog post, and I definitely plan to use my Insta Story to bring you a sneak peek into the #NSale on the Pre-Sale date, July 12th!
- Shop online and choose the Store Pickup option. This is the best way to avoid the chaos and crowds AND get the things you want most before they sell out.
- Schedule a Personal Triple Points Day during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and make your biggest purchases that day to maximize your rewards points earning potential!
I’ve been perusing the catalog (scroll down for the link) and while it’s a bit underwhelming at the moment, I know from last year that it’s just a snapshot of all the fall inventory they will be bringing out for this sale. I can’t wait to see what else is involved.
I’m so excited to get in a day ahead so I can share the best styles and deals from the sale and report back on quality and fit, and YOU can avoid the madness and shop from your living room couch as soon as the sale opens (which is usually like 3 or 4 AM on the first day of the sale.) When you shop through my affiliate links, I made a small commission, but it doesn’t cost you an extra penny. Just consider me your virtual stylist!!!
I know it seems like sales these days are a dime a dozen, but this truly is one not to miss.
Stick with me, kid! I’ve gotcha covered!