A few weeks back I posted a granola bar recipe, but I’ve since found another we like even better. I found this recipe at Musings of Home and Hearth and I’ve altered it just a tad.
Here’s a batch I just overcooked. Hey, just keeping it real, y’all.
Want the recipe? This is an easy printable.
- ½ stick real butter, softened
- ¼ cup peanut butter (or, you know, a large spoonful)
- ¾ to 1 cup Sucanat
- 3 T raw honey
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 c soft wheat pastry flour
- ½ t baking powder
- ¼ t salt
- 2 c rolled oats
- 1 c mini-chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and Sucanat.
- Add honey, vanilla, egg. Beat well.
- Combine dry ingredients, stir into creamed mixture.
- Fold in oats, and chips.
- Press into a GREASED 9x13 pan.
- Use buttered hands to get it spread evenly.
- Bake 25 minutes at 350 or until the top is lightly browned.
- Remove from oven, let cool about 10 minutes in the pan, then cut the bars but do not take them out until they're cooled; otherwise they break easily.