I love reader questions. They keep me in post topics.
Do you have any tips for a quick makeup routine for at the beach? I don’t want to look frumpy, but I don’t want a full makeup job, either.
I thought this was a good topic for a post, so here we are!
First, I will admit, I am not one of those girls who won’t leave the house without makeup. I used to be, but I’ve gotten lazy. I think it happened as exercise and running became more and more of a priority. I have friends who show up at races with basic makeup on, but that just never occurred to me. I’m just going to sweat it off anyway, right?
I feel similarly about the beach. If I know I’m going to end up showering and getting all gussied up for dinner later, I probably wouldn’t wear any makeup because I’m lazy and don’t want to have to take it off and reapply.
However, I totally applaud you wanting to look human on the beach, especially if you know you’re going to end up in photos. (See above.)
For a quick makeup routine, whether it’s for the beach or a lazy Saturday, here’s what I would recommend(shopping links provided by my affiliate partners.)
Quick & Easy Beach Makeup Routine
1. Mineral Powder. A mineral powder has enough coverage to even out your skin tone without being heavy or shiny. Plus it’s quick and easy to apply — make sure to apply to your eyelids as well. I love my Jane Iredale PurePressed Base. UPDATE 6/14: Another option is a good CC Cream. I’m obsessed with this Supergoop CC Cream after a reader recommended it to me!
2. Blush. Again, easy to apply quickly, and you definitely want to add some color to your cheeks if you’ve just taken it out with your powder. I love this blush by Nars. I can’t even put the name of it in here, I do not want to attract THAT KIND of Google traffic. *grin*
3. Mascara. If nothing else, put on some mascara. And always, ALWAYS curl your eyelashes first.
4. Eyebrow filler. For me filling in my eyebrows is important. Mine are so thin, if nothing else I would do this and mascara. See my tutorial on how I use eye shadow as eyebrow filler. I love this eye shadow palette. If you want, you can dip your pinky finger in one of the lighter pink or brown shades and wipe it on your eyelids for some color. You can also do this with your blush.
5. Lipgloss or your favorite chapstick. I love a tinted lipgloss. It keeps my lips moist, gives me a bit of color, and it’s not too showgirl for a day at the beach or a Saturday of errands.
That should only take five minutes. And then you can feel human all day long!
Got a question? Leave it in the comments, or shoot me an email (use the Contact link at the top of my blog).
More beauty posts you might enjoy: