You are welcome!
I thought I would get THAT out of the way. Hi, it’s Colleen and today I have an INCREDIBLE drink recipe for you.
Raise your hand if you want to be the life of the next party you go to. I am pretty sure I can make that happen for you. All it will take is 10 minutes at your stove to wow your friends, family and even some random strangers! If your lookin’ for love, THIS just may be the ticket (really…it could happen!)
We have Mardis Gras, St. Patty’s Day and big sports finals in the months ahead. I say forget the dip. Bring Chocolate Martinis instead! After all, who doesn’t love chocolate? Make that chocolate you can drink… in an adult version, AND you know exactly what you put in it to make it so decadent and delicious. That, my friends, is what I call a win-win!
You can serve this as a martini or even as a shot; it just depends on your audience. I am calling it a Chocolate Martini… well actually I am calling it the BEST Chocolate Martini You Have Ever Had. However, I make it with grain alcohol, aka Everclear (151 proof) so I guess technically in order to be a true martini, it’s supposed to have gin and vermouth. But I am tellin’ you it won’t matter.
Investing in a bottle of Everclear is so worth it. It’s about $16 a bottle, and it goes a very long way due to its potency. (And, bonus, it’s gluten-free!) Just ask for it since it is usually held behind the register. If you wanted to, you could switch it out for vodka.
You can shake it with ice first, but I say keep it simple – just keep it in your fridge in a quart-sized mason jar or glass bottle, shake it up real good and pour right into the glass. You can keep it in the freezer for 15-20 minutes before serving too.
Bonus! You can make this recipe days ahead. Just keep it in the fridge, and it will be ready to go when you are! The expiration date will be the expiration date of the cream you use.
I said you are welcome, BUT maybe I should have said thank you! I love my job. It’s 1:10 in the afternoon on a Monday, and I have already enjoyed a Chocolate Martini, err I mean The Best Chocolate Martini in the World. See what I go through to bring you delicious recipes… Haha, I love my job!
If you make this, you HAVE to report back. I need to know if you are as in love with it as I am.
- 4 ounces of high quality dark chocolate (60% cacao - I use Ghirardelli)
- 1 pint of heavy or light cream
- ½ cup plus 2 TBS sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ½ TBS vanilla
- ⅓ to ½ cup grain alcohol (151 proof)
- Break your chocolate up into bite-sized pieces.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the chocolate pieces, cream and sugar. Stir until the chocolate is melted and smooth - like hot chocolate.
- Add water and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Remove from the heat allow it to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Add in your grain (start with ⅓ cup), stir well, taste and adjust to your liking.
- Strain it through a mesh strainer, then pour it into whatever you choose to store it in (mason jars, decorative bottles, an old alcohol bottle, etc.)
- Place it in your fridge for up to 2 weeks or until the expiration date on your cream (however, I don't think it will last that long.)