I don’t do resolutions. They don’t work out for me. (Do they work out for anyone?) But last night as we sat around the table at a local bar-and-grille, waiting for our food to come, my husband asked us to go around the table and share something that is on our Bucket List for 2013. It was just our little family of five, and it was fun to hear what each of the kids came up with.
When it was my turn, I thought a minute and said, “I want to go somewhere I’ve never been before!”
I’ve grown up going to many of the same places over and over again. I want to go somewhere new this year, see something different, and take my family with me. So we started talking about things we’d like to do — take a trip out West, visit Europe, rent a house on a sandy beach somewhere tropical . . . of course the list went on and on. I’m not sure our budget will allow for any of those opportunities, but we’re going to try to come up with something.
So this morning I got to thinking about my Bucket List for 2013. Most of the items on my Bucket List aren’t nearly as exotic as visiting somewhere new. Here’s what I’ve got so far. I’ll probably be adding to it over the next week or so!
2013 Bucket List
- Visit somewhere I’ve never been before.
- Run a 10K.
- Organize and purge the attic.
- Unplug for one whole day. (No, I’ve never actually done that!!)
- Learn to make a gluten-free pie crust that tastes like the real thing.
- Attend Mom 2.0 Summit.
- Wear a ball gown.
- Publish an eBook.
- Try a new exotic food.
- Learn how to use our fancy camera.
- See my writing published in a print magazine.
- Get a workable organizational system for my Laundry Room.
- Learn to apply a “Smokey Eye”.
- Take a Zumba class.
- Plant an herb garden.
What’s on your 2013 Bucket List??? Dish!